Big Data BBQ will focus on the emergence of big data — large volumes of data, ways to analyze and find meaning in them, and methods of visualizing and reporting on data to make core business decisions. While it’s not a technical blog, at times it will look at the technical infrastructure if it impacts combining data and deriving meaning from it. Articles will be posted in the following categories:
- Ingredients — data, combining data, both qualitative and quantitative
- Tools — helpful tools for managing, analyzing, and reporting on data
- Techniques — means of analysis and dealing with large volumes of data
- Recipes — combining data with analysis for reports, dashboards, and charts
- Meals — creating dashboards and full report sets based on data
Most of it will be words, images, charts, and sample data/worksheets which are custom written for this blog.